Friday, July 7, 2017

Hey Guys

So life's been busy.

I've been meaning to get back to blogging but got sidetracked by multiple things, including but not limited to my favorite yearly event, the OYAN Summer Workshop.*
*(OYAN = One Year Adventure Novel)

This year, I was given the opportunity to be a critique group leader. It was one of the most terrifying things I've ever done, but my group was awesome. Legit the best I've ever been in.

Blogwise, I ran out of steam in February and didn't really start thinking about picking it back up until April/May. By then, it was already starting to get into workshop planning and I still couldn't think of anything significant to say.

But you know what? It isn't about the significant things. It's about the little things. And sometimes, those little things become big things.

Life's still screwy (in fact, my insides feel pretty screwed up and I even had a little bit of a cry today) and not much has changed from my last post. But it doesn't end here.

Having just read Nation by Terry Pratchet, I think Mau's cry of defiance applies.

"DOES NOT HAPPEN"

And that's all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment