Saturday, May 26, 2018

Productive Procrastination

I am... kind of actually sort of supposed to be busy?

I just finished a research project (YAY) and turned it in for grading -- hopefully I do well?
I should be working on my novel/final project...
I should also be working on a script for VBS in two.. months....
I should be SLEEPING

But nah.

I think I'll go buy bleach and clean the bathroom sink.
Or clean my room.

Or I could organize the craft room.

Read a book.

Make bookmarks?


So for the past two weeks I was supposed to be working on the research paper that I just turned in. Instead, my room is cleaner than it's been in months and my sister has a mistcloak.

It can be argued that I was doing some research while making the mistcloak (Writing Excuses is a fantastic podcast for writers go listen to it).

But it's not a very good argument.


It seems like I always get better at cleaning the house and doing the dishes when I should be doing homework so I don't have to freak out like I have been for the past few days.

It's really weird and ALWAYS happens.

When am I stressed? Well, when do you see me frantically cleaning the house?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a psychological thing. Not going to go out any further because I'm feeling lazy and I really want to be done with researching things on Google for a little bit.

I STILL have things that need to be done.
But here I am.

Productive procrastination for the win. See you in another couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment