Monday, November 7, 2016

Regrets

I have many regrets.

I regret not going to sleep earlier last night.

I regret spending so much of my life on YouTube.

I regret not introducing myself with "only 19 but my mind is older".

I regret not being more involved with people.

I regret some of my previous reading choices.


Having regrets sucks. It means that there were missed chances, missed opportunities.

Would've/could've/should've beens.

At the same time, it means that the yawning black pit of regrets has opened beneath my feet and is trying to drag me in.






It's incredibly easy to get sucked in, to succumb to the endless cycle, to depression.

I've spent more than enough of my life moping, thank you very much.

Now is not the time to be looking over my shoulder at the would've-could've-should've-beens. Now is the time to plow forward, to seize the day, to be non-stop.

I don't have time for regrets -- I only have time to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment